Stay on the Course

Psalms 119
You're blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by God.
   You're blessed when you follow his directions,
      doing your best to find him.
   That's right—you don't go off on your own;
      you walk straight along the road he set.
 You, God, prescribed the right way to live;
      now you expect us to live it.
   Oh, that my steps might be steady,
      keeping to the course you set;
   Then I'd never have any regrets
      in comparing my life with your counsel.
   I thank you for speaking straight from your heart;
      I learn the pattern of your righteous ways.
   I'm going to do what you tell me to do;
      don't ever walk off and leave me.  9-16 How can a young person live a clean life?
      By carefully reading the map of your Word.
   I'm single-minded in pursuit of you;
      don't let me miss the road signs you've posted.
   I've banked your promises in the vault of my heart
      so I won't sin myself bankrupt.
   Be blessed, God;
      train me in your ways of wise living.
   I'll transfer to my lips
      all the counsel that comes from your mouth;
   I delight far more in what you tell me about living
      than in gathering a pile of riches.
   I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you,I attentively watch how you've done it.I relish everything you've told me of life, I won't forget a word of it. The Message Bible




1 comment:

  1. Wow, Leslie. This is really powerful. What a great way to start the new year. Since we've connected on Twitter, I decided to visit your blog and I am glad that I did. I love it when I can connect with other single moms. I am your newest follower from Mommy Delicious (www.mommydelicious.com). Hope you can stop by and follow my blog as well. I look forward to connecting with you more through our writing!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Please Help Me Improve My Site And Leave A Comment

Sincerely,

LT